The JATC offers a 3- and 5-year apprenticeship program, as well as a 4-year residential training program, which take place in the state-of–the-art facility in Lanham, Maryland. Courses are also offered in the JATC’s newest facilities in Manassas and Roanoke, Virginia. There is no cost for tuition and applicants are not required to take the SAT. Please see the requirements for the Inside Wireman “A” and Telecommunications apprenticeships as well as the residential training program below and then click on the links for detailed program information.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age.
- Applicants must submit an official copy of their High School Transcripts or GEDs.
- Applicants must have a passing grade in Algebra 1 or GED equivalent.
- Applicants are required to take an aptitude test.
This aptitude test can be taken at our facility for a $25.00 processing fee. Please appear in person or mail payment to be scheduled to take this test.
If an applicant obtains a qualifying score on the aptitude test they will be scheduled for an interview provided the application process is complete. Notification of this interview will be by mail. Applicants will undergo an oral interview set-up by the JATC.
Residential Training Qualifications:
- Applicants should have reliable transportation. Job sites that applicants report to are throughout the Washington Metropolitan Area.
- Once an applicant begins work in this training program they are encouraged to make application for either the Inside Wireman Apprenticeship Program or the Telecommunication Apprenticeship Program. With this in mind, it is beneficial for all applicants of the Residential Training Program to posses a High School Diploma, GED, or be working toward obtaining their credentials. They should also have a passing grade in Algebra 1.